The Rika Block is a fantastic and easy way to support your deck. The block is constructed from EPS concrete (Expanded Polystyrene Concrete) which makes it a light form of concrete. This little beauty is very easy to use and makes a DIY deck that much easier to build.
- The block is 290mm x 290mm x 190mm high and weighs 15Kg’s.
- Base of block to the height where the support timber rests is 140mm
- The Compressive strength (MPa) Avg 15.0
- It can accommodate 38mm timber, 50mm timber & 95x95mm posts.
- Max recommended weight is 500Kg’s per block
- It is recommended to use a block every 1.5m (in any direction) for timber structures
- It is not recommended to build an elevated deck higher than 1.2m (freestanding) if it is resting on Rika blocks